Historically good things emerge from bad events…
War led to the development of the internet.
The 19th Amendment was signed giving women the right to vote because most of the men were off fighting in World War I.
Dwayne Johnson didn’t make it into the NFL and eventually became “The Rock” and starred in many great films.
…The Corona Virus pandemic led to AA and NA meetings going online.
Hopefully more people may attend meetings or be willing to engage in these which have historically helped countless people stay sober.
Alcoholics Anonymous didn’t make it this easy, so do this:
- Google your “City” and “AA”
- Find the Home Page to your City’s AA Meetings
- Look for Online Meetings or Zoom meetings link
See example below:
In my opinion it is still better to go to a meeting in person if you can or during times like this to meet with your sponsor or talk with them as often as you can.
Most addicts relapse because of this one reason: They stopped working on their recoveryTweet
It takes daily work to become an alcoholic, daily drinking, the same is true for recovery, daily working on abstinence.
Full List of Online Meetings
- 12 Steps.org https://www.12step.org/social/online-meeting-calendar/ Listing of online 12-step meetings on various platforms.
- Al-Anon Electronic Meetings https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/ This forum and recovery chat room for Narcotics Anonymous members features voice chat, Skype, and text chat meetings connecting people from around the world.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Online Intergroup http://aa-intergroup.org/directory.php Listing of online meetings from AA Intergroup.
- • Smart Recovery https://www.smartrecovery.org/community/calendar.php https://www.smartrecovery.org/smart-recovery-toolbox/smart-recovery-online/ Message board, chat room, online meetings, and online library.
- Adult Children of Alcoholics https://adultchildren.org/quick-search/?audiobt=Click+Here Phone and Online Meetings
- In The Rooms (Online Meetings) https://www.intherooms.com/home/ An online platform supporting a wide range of 12-step and non-12 step meetings
- Bridge Club Virtual Meetings Meetings that are specifically focused on women and LGBTQIA+ folks who are sober or interested in sobriety.
- Refuge Recovery Online Meetings Listing of daily online meetings
- Families Anonymous Virtual Meetings Online meetings for parents, grandparents, siblings, spouses, significant others, other family members and friends of those with a current, suspected or former drug problem.
- Life Ring Recovery Listing of online meetings.
- The Temper An online publication/site that explores life through the lens of sobriety, addiction, and recovery. Includes links to resource
- My Recovery Online 12-step meetings
- Sober Grid A free online social networking platform for people in recovery. Available in mobile app stores
- Narcotics Anonymous Listing of online meetings provided by NA.
- Christian Addiction Recovery